Our management defines RVSIMSR as “A community serving high quality and affordable education”
Every year, more than 1000 stutents visit RVSIMSR around the world and they do so because our education system are known for its curriculum, IIM Alumni as faculty, great-placement records and industry connected courses at affordable fees.
Founded in 1984, RVS Group is one-of the largest educational chain in TamilNadu, SouthIndia. Our commitment to educational sector over years with students satisfaction is what has defined our brand for more than 30 successful years.
Dr.K.Senthil Ganesh, the Managing Trustee
Dr.K.Senthil Ganesh is the Managing Trustee of RVS Educational Institutions which runs more than 50 institutions with 20,000 students. He played a pivotal role in expanding the RVS group from 2000 till 2008. Along with the Chairman Dr. K.V.Kuppuswamy, he was instrumental in putting together a team of eminent academicians, management and finance consultants and started 10 new institutions comprising of Dental, Health Science, Engineering and Alternative medical colleges over the same period.
He has around 25 years of rich experience in senior management roles and in various business functions including Strategy, Finance and Marketing. From 2008 he embarked on a transformation project. Armed with the strategic insight that Digital Transformation and Disruption will be growth themes for the next decade he started transforming a division of RVS group of colleges comprising of Art and Science, Health Sciences and Ayurveda institutions. With the vision of providing relevant education for the digital era, many curricular, co-curricular and administrative initiatives were successfully implemented since 2008. As a result, this division of RVS group grew from 2500 students to over 7500 and also won many accolades over a period of 10 years.
RVS Arts & Science College
- First place in Bharathiar University for enrolling maximum number of international students for the academic year 2007.
- Times of India - One of the top four colleges in Coimbatore in 2008
- Silicon India Magazine – College of the year 2019
- Business Connect – One of the top 10 emerging colleges in India 2020
RVS Institute of Management Studies and Research
- Business Week - Best college for the year 2008-09.
- Higher Education Review – Top 100 B-Schools in India 2021
He’s a constant learner and has completed many executive education programs from MIT, Harvard, Kellogg, LSE and IMD Business School. Prior to joining RVS, he was the Principal IT Consultant for Mantel Corporation in the US from 1997 till 2000 and consulted for various Fortune 500 companies. He is also an active investor and board member of Transform Tech, an Ed Tech company which is developing online programs in Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Digital Marketing and IOT.
He has a BBA (1995) and MBA (1997) from Texas A&M University,
MSc. Software Engineering from University of Westminster (2003), UK and PhD in Management from Bharathiar University (2018).
- Completed a course in “Digital Marketing Strategies” on April 2019 offered by Northwestern, Kellogg, USA.
- Participated in the Faculty Development Program on “Machine Learning with Business Applications” from 8th to 12th October, 2018 at Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bangalore.
- Attended a course on “Introduction to Data Science and Big Data Analytics” offered by The London School of Economics and Political Science, August 2018, UK.
- Successfully completed the executive programme on “Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Business Strategies” on May 2018 from Sloan School of Management , Massachusetts Institute of Technology(MIT), Cambridge, MA, USA.
- Ph.D in Management from Bharathiar University, 21st May,2018.
- Successfully completed the Transform TECH Program from Jan 29 – Feb 2, 2018, conducted by IMD & Ecole Polytechnique Federale De Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Attended a program on “Leading Digital Business Transformation” (LDBT) from June 19th to 23rd 2017 at IMD, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Business Application Developer at Zales Corporation, Texas, USA during 1997-1998.
- Promoter and Senior Consultant at Mantel Corp, USA which is a software consultancy for servicing, Fortune 500 clients like Sprint and AT & T during 1998 – 2002.
- Managing Trustee of RVS Group of Institutions, Coimbatore from 2000 – till date. Knowing that the prime aim of a teacher is to tap the talents, mould the mind sets and bring the best out of the students, enveloped in discipline and values, he has encouraged the system of crafting subject matter experts (SMEs), revision of syllabi to suit the emerging trends and formation of sports/culture clubs to hone and fine tune the reflexes.
In appreciation of his avid interest in enhancing the quality of higher education he has been assigned an active role to play as convenor in the educational panel of the prestigious CII.
He is a member in the Honours Society of Texas A & M University & Financial Management Association, USA.
Realizing the relevance of science and technology to the progress and welfare of mankind, Dr. Senthil Ganesh has focused his attention on the development of science programmes involving Digital specialization courses such as Data Science, Big data analytics, Cloud computing and strategic courses like Data structures and Algorithms. His cherished vision facilitates the promotion of education for the Digital era. Bestowing the best care for the curriculum, the training materials have been crafted by the SMEs trained through MOOC courses from BITs Pilani, IIT Bangalore, RIT – USA and in house Industry experts to ensure the outcome based education for the students.
An MoU inked with ‘Livnsense’ Company by Dr. Senthil Ganesh for CBA (Center for Business Analytics) team stands to benefit the staff and students for working on real time projects. His initiation of ‘Industry – Academia’ training classes for the benefit of computer science students has enhance the employability potential by collaboration with RVS Infotech, housed inside the campus.
Based on his rich global exposure to the importance of Biomedical research and keen interest to promote research related to cancer, he was instrumental in starting the ‘RVS Institute of Immunology & Cancer Research’. It is certain that this institute is to pave way for augmentation of cancer research in a brighter dimension in South India facilitating fruitful and fabulous findings leading to innovative diagnosis and treatment methods.
To be precise Dr. Senthil Ganesh is an ardent endowed with vibrant vision, meticulous academic mission and accomplishing verve to serve, cheer and steer the RVS Conglomerate to the pinnacles of success.
Business Application Developer at Zales Corporation, Texas, USA during 1997 -1998. Promoter and Senior Consultant at Mantel Corp, USA which is a software consultancy for servicing. Fortune 500 clients like Sprint and AT&T during 1998 -2002. Managing Trustee for RVS Group of Institutions, Coimbatore from 2000 – till date.
Dr. K. V. Kupusamy, Chairman
He is a shining example to show how one could rise from a humble beginning to the level of a chairman, presiding over an empire of educational institutions, by the virtues of hard work, dedication and devotion to a committed cause.
Known for his magnanimity, spiritual bent of mind and suave cool demeanour, he is widely recognized and respected. To him, the panacea for the maladies of mankind lies in Education, Healthcare and farming.
Excellence in Education
He has proved and distinguished himself as a great visionary and an able administrator. He has carved out a niche in the Educational arena by establishing about 45 reputed educational institutions (Engineering, Arts and Science and Health Science) dotted all over Tamilnadu.
Establishment of Agricultural farms
His insatiable interest for agriculture has resulted in the formation of exuberant agricultural farms at Tenkasi, Thadankulam, Thanjavur, Sempatti and Sengathurai.